The 11th Floor (Pty) Ltd respects the right to privacy and confidentiality of our existing and potential clients’ personal information and are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected, and used properly, lawfully, and transparently.
The Protection of Personal Information Act, Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPIA), aims to protect the personal data of all persons (including juristic entities) and further outlines how institutions should safeguard, collect, process, store, share and manage this information.
POPIA describes personal information as information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. The person to whom personal information relates is referred to as the “data subject”.
All personal information provided to or gathered by The 11th Floor is controlled by The 11th Floor (the responsible party) whose registered office is at: 28 Bradford Road, Bedfordview, 2007.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The 11th Floor is committed to safeguarding your privacy while visiting its website. Our goal is to provide you with an internet experience that delivers the information resources and services that we have to offer and is relevant to your needs.
To achieve this goal, part of the operation of the site includes gathering certain types of information about site users. We understand that your privacy is important and wish to explain the types of information we may gather and the way in which we would use it.
This policy will cover two types of information gathered at the site: personal and aggregated. The term ‘personal information’ refers to data you voluntarily provide while using the site that identifies you and/or the company on whose behalf you are accessing and using the site.
The term ‘aggregated data’ refers to general information regarding site visitors and users that relates specifically to the site, e.g., traffic patterns, number of visits to certain pages, visits from other web sites or to third-party sites linked to the site, use of particular services and interest in services, information or features of the site or other parties made available through or found at the site.
The type of personal information The 11th Floor collects will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect information that we need for that purpose.
Examples of personal information include, but are not limited to:
- Your name and surname
- Contact details;
- Physical address;
- Email address;
- Cookies and usage data.
We also collect the following information:
- Contacting us via our website or otherwise when you use the https://www.the11thfloor.co.za website (our “site”), or contact us by telephone, email or SMS, we collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us.
- We use CCTV in our restaurant facility for security reasons. If you have any queries in relation to the use of CCTV operating in and around our restaurant facility, please contact us.
- Surveys We may ask you to complete surveys for research purposes from time to time, although you do not have to respond to them.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a mobile device (“usage data”). This usage data may include information such as your computer’s internet protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique identifiers and other diagnostic data.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
After obtaining consent, the personal information collected or held by The 11th Floor may be used, stored, transferred, disclosed, or shared only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal, statistical or user experience optimisation purposes, enabling us to provide you with an enhanced experience.
This may include:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and The 11th Floor and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, such as to facilitate staff administration, facilitate bookings for restaurant events and appointments with our own or third-party service providers and other transactions.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To improve our customer services platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- To send you newsletters and promotions, conduct online surveys or surveys by telephone, prize draws, competitions and other promotions via email or telephone.
- To process your job application if you apply for employment with The 11th Floor.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you.
We continuously profile and assess our database in order to improve the service offering provided to customers and/or to better align ourselves with business partners. As a result, we use your personal information to share it with existing and potential business partners and third parties in order to identify mutual commercial opportunities with such business partner or third party.
Information is shared on a confidential basis, and unless you have consented otherwise, under no circumstances is the business partner or third party entitled to make any communication to you, or make any further transmission of the information, as a result of the personal information we avail to them. Each transmission of the personal information differs but is specific to the particular information share exercise undertaken.
Records of personal information will be retained for the period necessary for achieving the purpose for which the information was collected. Please note you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information for example for purposes of direct marketing, unless consent was obtained from you.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by POPIA.
TRACKING AND COOKIES DATA
To enable features at the site, the 11th Floor may assign one or more ‘cookies’ to your internet browser. Cookies, among other things, speed navigation though our site, keep track of information so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our site, and may provide you with customised content.
A cookie is an internet mechanism composed of a small text file containing a unique identification number that permits a web server to send small pieces of information or text by means of your browser and place them on your computer’s hard drive for storage. This text lets the web server know if you have previously visited the web page. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to find out the identity of any user.
The 11th Floor is legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold in a proper manner and shall take appropriate security measure to prevent loss, damage of personal information, unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorised destruction of the data. We will on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information is at all times handled and stored in a safe and secure manner.
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy, and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Please note we may amend this policy from time to time at our sole discretion. Please view The 11th Floor’s website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
RIGHTS TO LODGE A COMPLAINT TO THE INFORMATION REGULATOR
You have the right to complain to the Information Regulator, whose contact details are:
Telephone number: 010 023 5200
Email address: POPIAComplaints@inforegulator.org.za / PAIAComplaints@inforegulator.org.za
HOW TO CONTACT US
Name: Gay-Lee Jacobs
Contact number: 010 045 0434
Email address: email@example.com
Upon receiving your request, we will contact you directly, investigate your request, and work to address your concerns. We will respond to your request without undue delay. We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to granting access or processing changes or corrections.